Guide to operate your Flexofold Propeller
- When handling the assembled propeller, avoid being pinched by the opening or closing blades.
- Do not operate the propeller when close to people or animals in the water.
- Stop the engine immediately if you notice any strange sounds or vibrations coming from the propeller.
- Check that the propeller functions in both forward and reverse before each voyage.
- Shift gears at idling RPMs only.
- When sailing, the propeller must be stopped for the blades to fold/close.
- With a mechanical transmission; stop the engine and put the transmission in reverse gear to prevent the propeller from turning.
- With hydraulic transmission; while boat is moving forward under sail or due to momentum and engine is still running, engage reverse gear and shut down the engine.